Your wedding will be etched in your memory forever. The celebration following should be unforgettable as well. Much effort is invested into composing the guest list, finding the venue, choosing attire and crafting the perfect cuisine for your guests. The same investment should be leveraged on your music play list as well.
Below are some tips to aide you in selecting the perfect beats for your wedding: It isn’t necessary to develop the entire playlist on your own. Consult with your DJ who will listen to your tastes and preferences and help you build upon them.
1) Establish boundaries? Be frank by stating clearly what songs or genres you do not want played.
2) If you are unsure of what songs you want or don’t know where to begin, share a few songs with your DJ that are important to you and an experienced wedding DJ will get a quick sense of your tastes and build upon them.
3) Infuse some of your personal faves. Whether it’s Classic Rock or Motown, your DJ will know the perfect time to mix them into the set.
4) Another starting point is to begin with a theme or genre. If a blowout, upbeat party is what you’re striving for, say so. If you want more sentimental music, be clear and let your DJ know.
5) If complete control is what you want, get a clear sense of your guests who will be in attendance and what they are likely to respond to. This will require an investment of time on your part, but if you have the time and are willing, begin listening to music when you have the time and compile a playlist that you best feel will be pleasing to the ears of your guests.
6) Communicate with your DJ and be a team. A good wedding DJ will strive to be an extension of you and will go out of his or her way to spin beats that are sure to satisfy.
Jeff was very professional and provided excellent service. Jeff provided many ideas to keep our wedding guests involved. He gave us the idea of the wedding shoe game and everyone talks about how that was hilarious and fun. We had a lot of shy guests that didn’t want to get on the dance floor but Jeff had guests get up and form party lines and had us doing a conga line! It was awesome! Our really only one request was that he keep the dance floor full and with our shy guests he was able to entice involvement and keep the party going. I will recommend him anytime!!! For the organized bride he also makes a good vendor because he replies to all his emails and is very organized himself. He never gave us a worry that he would not fulfill our service agreement and went above and beyond what we ever expected!!- Kimberly & Michael Effinger